EXHIBIT YOUR WORK AT ART KIND IN 2024/2025
*Please read all below details before submitting your proposal to exhibit*
We are committed to supporting and elevating artists by offering a highly curated exhibition space while fostering an approachable, welcoming atmosphere where gallery visitors can engage with artists and their work.
We've put together a comprehensive exhibition package designed to maximise exposure and facilitate your journey as an exhibiting artist.
Submissions from all emerging, mid career and established artists as well as artist collectives are welcome. Solo exhibitions, shared exhibitions and group exhibitions will all be considered.
In-gallery events such as workshops, artist talks and other activities that engage the local community are strongly encouraged to be included in exhibition submissions.
The solo exhibition calendar for 2024 is now largely committed.
Submissions for exhibiting in 2025 are now open with no specified end date but we encourage early applications.
EXHIBITION FEES AND INCLUSIONS
- Exhibition fee $2000
- 30% gallery commission on all sales
- Exhibition curation service in consultation with the artist
- Installation service: the full installation is handled by the gallery
- Lighting service: use of angled track lighting individually focused to artworks
- Documentation of the exhibition prior to opening
- Design, printing and installation of wall-mounted artist statement and artwork listings
- Design and distribution of digital opening event invitations
- Design, printing and distribution to local businesses of hard copy opening event invitations and exhibition flyers
- Exhibition opening event with catering and drinks package
- Hosting, promoting, and staffing of opening event
- Gallery sitting during regular open hours and by appointment
- Management of all sales of works at the gallery, including packaging and preparing works to be shipped to clients
- Management of all shipping/delivery/collection of sold works
- In-gallery promotion of the work
- In-gallery creation of commission leads
- Forwarding of leads for commissions or collaborations
- Artist profile featured on artkind . com
- Artwork available for sale on artkind . com with online listings
- Promotion through a targeted marketing campaign
- Online listing and promotion through gallery's social channels
- Regular social media posts, reels, and stories on Instagram
- Artist profile sent via EDM to database
- Exhibition opening event details sent via EDM to database
- Print advertisements in the local newspaper
- De-installation of all works from the gallery, works will be packaged/wrapped as they were received ready for collection or on forwarding by the artist
GROUP SHOWCASE + STOCKROOM SALES
Winter/Summer Group Showcase + Stockroom Sales are by invitation only, priority is given to past and future exhibiting artists
- No upfront fees for artists included in seasonal showcases
- 40% gallery commission on all sales
TERMS, ARTIST AGREEMENTS, EXPECTATIONS
Please note the following
- It is a requirement of all artists or collectives, once a proposal has been accepted, to sign an Art Kind artist agreement that outlines the gallery and the artist/collective's rights, responsibilities and expectations
- This will cover representation, exclusivity options, leads, commissions, sales, shipping and communication expectations
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION - PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
To be considered for an exhibition at Art Kind Gallery you will need to submit an exhibition proposal to Bec Duff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your proposal must be a PDF file with supporting JPEG images.
Please insure all of the following areas are covered in your proposal:
- 5 - 10 images of artworks in the same style of the work you propose to exhibit JPEG file format only, labelled with artist and artwork name, size, proposed price, no image larger than 1MB example file name format is ArtistName_ArtworkName_HeightxWidthxDepth_$Price.jpeg
- Artist full contact details
- Website and social links
- Artist CV
- Artist Statement - please detail your artistic practice
- Exhibition Statement - please detail your plan for the exhibition you are proposing, include an outline of the artworks you will include and how the wall and floor space will be used
- Proposed dates/year/month for exhibition
- If you can offer workshops, an artist talk or other activities that engage the local community please include this in your application
Please forward all submissions to Bec at email@example.com